RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: A question about post curing?
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 02:41:34

Jeffrey=2C

Keep it simple. No need for complicated thermostatic control. I used 2 fan
heaters plus a larger fan to circulate air. Use a couple of thermometers wi
th remote probes=2C one for the upper and one for the lower level. Then do
it by trial and error: let the heat build up until it reaches the required
temperature=2C the heaters should have multiple heat settings. I had to mod
ify the heaters to bypass the thermostatic safety cutout. Start the job in
the morning and monitor it through the day. Position the heaters such that
they don't blow directly onto the work pieces.

Karl

Date: Wed=2C 17 Dec 2008 19:21:55 -0500To: europa-list@matronics.comFrom: j
effrey-j-paris@excite.comSubject: Europa-List: A question about post curing
?Dear Listers=2C

A question about post curing our epoxy parts.  Today we built ourselves an
"oven" for baking our parts at the appropriate 40-50 degree celsius for pos
t cure.  We built a 16' X 4' X 4' enclosure out of foil claded 4X8 sheets o
f insulation foam.  The box is backed up to a basement brick fireplace (no
open flames) in which I would like to place a suitable heating element.  I
also have use of an attic fan to low air around the cavity.

Has anybody attempted this before?  And if so what did you use to heat the
space.  I went to a website that helps you calculate the heating requiremen
ts for 256 cubic feet of space @ 50 degrees celsius came to about 8900 btu'
s=2C however=2C heat does build up and I want a consistent heat over a peri
od of hours therefore I will need a thermostat of sorts I would guess.

Any advice out there?  I'm not a  thermo engineer just an individual Europa
 builder who's looking for an inexpensive way to do the job.

Cheers and Happy Holidays=2C

Sincerely=2C

Jeff  and Peter Paris  Kit# A012 Monowheel Classic

Cooking School

Become a Top Chef!

Click here for more information