Re: Europa-List: long range tank not good

Subject: Re: Europa-List: long range tank not good
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 09:01:50
Remi,

I have posted the pics of the long range tank opening and cap for what
they are worth.

I expect the tank to be useful when flying alone as I could probably
make the 5.5 hr extended duration without stops.  Which is why I am
not offering it for sale.

A second reason there will be no long range tank when my wife is
flying with me (and I expect that to be most of the time as she enjoys
flying) is because she feels she will need every ounce (gram) of the
80 lb (36 kilo) baggage capacity.   So no long range tank shall get
near the Europa if she is flying with me.

Temp was right at 32F/0C this morning at 0800 local (1400 Z) so I'll
be working around the house till things warm up a bit more.  I still
hope to get to the hanger to work all afternoon.

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(99.999% done) Essentially complete.  Running Tests & Final Inspections.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117