RE: Europa-List: when to attach spar strap

Subject: RE: Europa-List: when to attach spar strap
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 10:19:33

Hi! Rowland
Mine was 250mm excepting I used my usual "poetic license" which would
have allowed adequate wrap round with the peel ply. However too much
between the port spa and the seat back bulkhead may result in difficulty
entering the port spa tip into it's receptacle socket on the starboard
side. After all if properly prepared and adequately bonded to the top
and bottom dimensions of the port spa then the strength of the wrap
round may well be a side issue anyway. The likely forces would be
parallel to the lay up and not in shear thereby making the wrap round
irrelevant other than for psychological satisfaction !
As to why you had problems with the manual I can't say but of course
adding all this "poetry" up makes for a heavy build ! .....But for me
it's not so much the weight but the strength that is more important
overall!
REGARDS
Bob Harrison G-PTAG