Re: Europa-List: when to attach spar strap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: when to attach spar strap
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 17:30:43

On Sunday, Oct 5, 2008, at 08:16 US/Pacific, Rowland & Wilma Carson
wrote:

> My wings are in the garage, pinned to the cockpit module with the
> seatback bushes happily curing as in manual chapter 14. Looking some
> way ahead to chapter 27, I note the need to add a retaining strap to
> the port spar which has to be laid up around the starboard spar.
>
> I can't see why I shouldn't do this layup now, while I have everything
> conveniently to hand, but maybe there is something I have overlooked.
> Can anyone think of a good reason to postpone this layup until later?

Rowland,

Having ample working room and proper alignment are the important
considerations...suit yourself.

As I recall I made the spar strap after I'd bonded in the CM. I had
both wings in supports vertically w/ leading edge down with both spar
pins installed (I actually used temporary bolts)...thus the two spars
were lapped, and there was nothing in the way while fitting the little
cardboard ramps, bond breaks,  and when wrapping the layups.

Fred
A194

--
believed to be clean.