Re: Europa-List: roll control tufnol bearings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: roll control tufnol bearings
From: Richard Collings <r.collings@onetel.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:24:31

Hi . I was not sure weather to lubricate the tufnol bearings myself so I
backed two horses. I made provision to oil both ends by drilling 1mm dia
holes into each bearing and a small access hole into the seat back . I
didn't oil or grease them  [a] because you may not need to and [b] because
you will have produced a lot of dust over the remaining build period which
mixed with oil could cause the very problem your trying to stop !