Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator
From: Bill Henderson <europabill@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 08:07:16

This looks like it might be a good preventative fix to do before the
regulator goes bad.  Might also be able to use if the regulator goes bad
depending on the state of the diodes (would work great if they are not
shorted.  A simple check with an ohm meter would answer that.).  In the
regulaor I disected one diode was completely blown away and the other was
shorted out so the answer would probably be NO if you want to try using
after the regulator has gone bad.  Also, they used MCR16N SCR's instead of
the TIP154E in the one I looked at so they have changed some parts.  Only
the diodes were bad (Lousy installation.  Looks like they were soldered to
the copper plate).  Sure is a pitty you can't open these up without
destroying them.  We could be fixing them for a whole lot less than the $150
for a new one....

Bill
A010
Monowheel Classic