Re: Europa-List: Ducati Rectifier/Regulator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ducati Rectifier/Regulator
From: GTH <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:32:16

Josok,

I'm so sorry you're having problems with what some of us may have to say
about technique and measurements.
You are entitled to any opinions you may have about technique,
electricity, cooling, pilotage, carburator linkage or whatever. And so
is any of us.

> As usual a long answer, and not very much to the point. it was to be expected.
The results you publish were first from investigations by your students, now
---From a professional laboratory. Students working in a professional
laboratory,
and publishing numbers without proper checking?

In France, university laboratories are encouraged to work for the
industry. As for the students, would the phD of some of them be
considered suitable for the simple thermal measurements they made ?

>  they can not be true, they do not even come close.
Josok, close to what ?
To your own measured loss numbers ? Or to what you *believe* these
numbers should be ?

> the poor reliability of the unit is not heat related.
Understand.
>  It's just a poor quality item.
Hmm.

> IMHO no use to find cooler spots or start adding fans with their own
> reliability
and fire-hazard problems
By the way, what is your proposition ?
I really can't help you, since  I'm not the one with the failed
regulator and messed up circuit ;-)

Best regards,
--
Gilles