Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ducatti Rectifier/Regulator
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 21:52:36

<<I still have the side gills to the top
> cowling.>>
Monitoring of the regulator surface temperature in a number of flight
conditions both before and after closing off the side gills confirmed that
the gills contribute nothing to the cooling of the regulator (mounted on the
firewall as high and as outboard as possible).
However, that may be different after shutdown; but does that matter if the
regulator is no longer working and therefore not "cooking itself"?

Duncan McF