RE: Europa-List: AAIB report G-HOFC

Subject: RE: Europa-List: AAIB report G-HOFC
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 18:38:55

I think the report is very detailed. The failure of the drag pin caused the
 whole scenario. The tailplanes had nothing to do with it. But who knows, i
f the tailplanes had remained in place, would a survivable crash landing be
en possible ?

From: DuaneFamly@aol.comDate: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:01:12 -0400Subject: Re: Eu
ropa-List: AAIB report G-HOFCTo: europa-list@matronics.com

After reading the report I am left not fully understanding which came first
.....thus causing the second.

Did the rear lift/drag pin of the right wing fail, causing enough up and do
wn movement to overstress the tailplane enough for it to disengage from the
 tailplane drive pins, causing significant up and down gyrations to cause t
he further and final failure of the right wing?

Or did the tailplane disengaging cause the failure of the right wing rear l
ift/drag pin?

Mike Duane A207ARedding, CaliforniaXS Conventional GearJabiru 3300ASensenic
h R64Z NGround Adjustable Prop

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at
AOL Food.