Re: Europa-List: First Flight N211KA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Flight N211KA
From: Peter Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:57:46

Congratulations Kevin,

like you already have suggested, it does get hot in Bishop in the summer. We
landed there on May 6, 2006 on our way
to Lake Havasu City and Sedona during a heat-wave. My Europa is a Classic
Mono with a 912S, and I had installed a
larger oilcooler from the beginning, which I have to block off with some
tape during our cold season, but it has always been able to cope with the
hot summer days down south.
I am experimenting with flap-seals right now and notice a very marked
increase in climb performance. When one of my
flap-seals blew out( temporary self-adhesive), the aircraft dropped a wing
in that direction, due to the increase in lift on the other side. I feel
strongly about the value of flap-seals, especially since they are cheap and
easy to install. Soft P-section
seals of the right size for your aircraft are best.
Have fun flying, it beats building by a wide margin!

Peter Timm, # 110

Pemberton, B.C.
Canada