Re: Europa-List: First Flight N211KA

Subject: Re: Europa-List: First Flight N211KA
From: Peter Timm <cptimm@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:18:46

Hi Fred,

the gap-seals must not interfere with the normal retraction of the flaps,
and for that reason have to be soft and hollow.
I have also noticed an increase in cruising speed at my preset cruise rpm.
(5100), which needs to be verified with my
GPS. It is the efficiency in cruise, which I am hoping to improve for fuel
savings. The more noticeable boost of the climb
performance with flaps retracted came as a surprise to me.
I have talked to Alex about a week ago and he has not flown his Europa since
last years problem with the engine.
However, he feels that somebody else with the same engine in a different
type of home-built has come up with a solution to the problem with the fuel
injection computer. They are going to solve the problem together as soon as
possible.
The manufacturer of the CAM engines is quite out of the picture. It is a
very good engine apart from the computer software.
I like your outrigger fairings. Did you make molds for the components? I now
have molds to produce additional fairings
for the mono-wheel (7.00 McCreary). The fairings also close the large
opening of the wheel-well, another major source of
drag. Will release pictures after painting and installing the rear part of
the fairing.
Good building.

Peter