Re: Europa-List: Conventional tail dragger conversion - Help Needed

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Conventional tail dragger conversion - Help Needed
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:11:11
Jeff-

Nice seeing you and everyone else at SNF.  I have the problems with my wing
closeout
fixed and am only a few hours from having them completed.

Did someone reserve a large boat for the group to go out to dinner?  If you will
recall, we tried to last time and it was booked weeks in advance.  Also, have
dates been tied down, and what are they?

I plan to bring my dingy and outboard so anyone who wants to see the area is
welcome
to them.  It does not look like I will be done by then so will also pick
up a couple of cases of beer on the way up.

Jim Puglise A-283

From: Jeff B <topglock@cox.net>

> Paul,
>
> When I fitted the brake cylinder to Baby Blue, I constructed a plywood
> shelf across the tunnel, at the proper height, then glassed it in. The
> cylinder fits nicely on the shelf and, after removing the narrow hump,
> in the center of the console, a flat plat finished out the installation,
> nicely as well as provided a mount for the throttle assembly. After
> returning from SNF, with my newly purchased Trio altitude hold, I found
> the the shelf also provided a perfect mount for the electronic control
> head... ;) I'll be happy to show you what I did, at the Rough River
> gathering.
>
> See you (and hopefully several others) then.
>
> Jeff - Baby Blue
> 396 hrs
>
> Paul McAllister wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Some of you may recall from my previous postings that I intend to
> > convert my mono to a tail dragger. I got the conversion kit from Bob
> > Berbue about a month ago and I have decided that I will fly this
> > summer and then over winter I will do the conversion.
> >
> > I am slowly organizing all the bits I need and I was wondering if some
> > generous soul would be prepared to lend me the moulding that fits on
> > the tunnel for the finger brakes, and the aluminum hardware that is
> > used for mounting up the Matco master cylinders. I'd like make a
> > splash copy of the moulding and return it as soon as I am finished.
> >
> > If anyone in the US can help me I'd appreciate it. Obviously I would
> > cover any out of pocket expenses. Please contact me off forum if you
> > can help.
> >
> > Thanks and regards, Paul

<DIV>Jeff-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Nice seeing you and everyone else at SNF.&nbsp; I have the problems with my
wing closeout fixed and am only a few hours from having them completed.&nbsp;
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Did someone reserve a large boat for the group to go out to dinner?&nbsp;
If you will recall, we tried to last time and it was booked weeks in
advance.&nbsp;
Also, have dates been tied down, and what are they? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I plan to bring my dingy and outboard so anyone who wants to see the area
is welcome to them.&nbsp; It does not look like I will be done by then so will
also pick up a couple of cases of beer on the way up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise A-283</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px
solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR>From: Jeff B
&lt;topglock@cox.net&gt;
<BR><BR>&gt; --&gt; Europa-List message posted by: Jeff B
<TOPGLOCK@COX.NET><BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Paul, <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; When I fitted the
brake cylinder to Baby Blue, I constructed a plywood <BR>&gt; shelf across the
tunnel, at the proper height, then glassed it in. The <BR>&gt; cylinder fits
nicely on the shelf and, after removing the narrow hump, <BR>&gt; in the center
of the console, a flat plat finished out the installation, <BR>&gt; nicely as
well as provided a mount for the throttle assembly. After <BR>&gt; returning
---From SNF, with my newly purchased Trio altitude hold, I found <BR>&gt; the
the
shelf also provided a perfect mount for the electronic control <BR>&gt; head...
;) I'll be happy to show you what I did, at the Rough River <BR>&gt; gathering.
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; See you (and hopefully severa
 l othe
rs) then. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jeff - Baby Blue <BR>&gt; 396 hrs <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;
Paul McAllister wrote: <BR>&gt; &gt; --&gt; Europa-List message posted by: "Paul
McAllister" <BR>&gt; <PAUL.THE.AVIATOR@GMAIL.COM><BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt;
Hi All, <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Some of you may recall from my previous
postings that I intend to <BR>&gt; &gt; convert my mono to a tail dragger. I
got the conversion kit from Bob <BR>&gt; &gt; Berbue about a month ago and I
have
decided that I will fly this <BR>&gt; &gt; summer and then over winter I will
do the conversion. <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; I am slowly organizing all
the bits I need and I was wondering if some <BR>&gt; &gt; generous soul would
be prepared to lend me the moulding that fits on <BR>&gt; &gt; the tunnel for
the finger brakes, and the aluminum hardware that is <BR>&gt; &gt; used for
mounting
up the Matco master cylinders. I'd like make a <BR>&gt; &gt; splash copy
of the moulding and return it as soon as I am finis
 hed. <
 matron