RE: Europa-List: Conventional tail dragger conversion - Help Needed

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Conventional tail dragger conversion - Help Needed
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:26:19

Hi Paul,

I converted my Mono to a Trigear last year and fitted the Matco master
cylinders using the factory kit.  The moulding I think you are referring to
is actually two mouldings.  One creates a horizontal platform to mount the
master cylinders and the other is a bolt on cover to replace the large area
of tunnel that you have to remove.  Having a nice (but heavy) leather
interior I could not bring myself to cut such a large chunk out of the
tunnel and fit an ugly bolted cover in its place.  I built a simple platform
out of plywood & fibre glass that could be removed from the wheel well and
simply cut a second slot in the tunnel for the second brake lever.  (all
approved by the UK LAA). There is a picture of the removable platform that I
built on page 10 of the latest Europa Flyer. I can send you more detail if
you need it. Having done all this work I discovered Nev Eyre had a much
simpler approach- just fit a second mono brake master cylinder alongside the
existing one.

Brian Davies kit 454