Re: Europa-List: CHTs everywhere

Subject: Re: Europa-List: CHTs everywhere
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:37:02

Jos

What I think happens is that 12v into the EFIS goes through a DC/DC
converter which isolates it from a/c ground and sets its own internal
reference (this was how it was explained to me by Jim Butcher).

My comment about the BMA unit was merely that for the less able it is
a complex unit to set up for the Rotax. It's clear from the BMA
discussion board that there are many owners who understand and enjoy
its flexibility (and complexity). When we bought we were not
anticipating having to swap out engine sensors or being unable to use
the Rotax tacho output - we hoped for more of a 'plug and play'.

Still when it flies maybe all will be forgotten.

Regards

Paul