Re: Europa-List: CHTs everywhere

Subject: Re: Europa-List: CHTs everywhere
From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 16:06:57

Jos

It's using aircraft ground which a believe is the problem with the
BMA EFIS - hence the need to use a thermistor with two wires. I
believe the E1 uses it's own internal ground as reference so CHT and
Oli temp need grounds going back to a ground pin on the EFIS.

At the risk of upsetting Ira, and accepting I have very little
expertise in the area, I wouldn't buy the Blue Mountain unit again.
Not for a Rotax anyway and not flying in Europe. Still you live and
learn.

Regards

Paul
G-GIDY