Europa-List: CHTs everywhere

Subject: Europa-List: CHTs everywhere
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 05:49:58

I finally completed my cylinder head temp monitoring system so now
I have 3 sites of measurement: Regular Rotax VDO probes into
the heads of Cylinders 2, 3 going to an analog gauge;
 Ring-type CHTs installed under the Rotax CHT probes and monitored by
my Blue Mountain EFIS, and finally the Lockwood/Rotax coolant temp
probe with a Blue Mountain probe going into the EFIS.

So far, I have only done cowl-off, static testing but the results are
interesting:
The coolant temp at 4000 rpm is 20F higher than the Rotax/VDO
which is about 20F higher than the ring probes outside the block.

These will probably change when cowled and at cruise and climb which
I plan to test when I return from SnF.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: