Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna position
From: jimpuglise@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:57:06
Jos-

I installed the Bob Archer antenna back in the tailcone on a piece of balsa.
However,
I installed it vertically.  Transponder antennas are vertically polarized,
aren't they, or am I confused?

BTW, I have a new sailboat -- get over and try it.

Jim Puglise A-283

From: "josok" <josok-e@ukolo.fi>

> I stuck a Bob Archer thing against the luggage bay bulkhead. First wrong way,
it
> has to be horizontal. The radio stays clean, no ticking sounds from the
> transponder, and ATC sees me even in the steel hangar :-) It's a nice
> transponder. and backs up as an altimeter with it's encoder built in. I am
> very

> happy with it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jos Okhuijsen
>

> Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

<DIV>Jos-</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I installed the Bob Archer antenna back in the tailcone on a piece of
balsa.&nbsp;
However, I installed it vertically.&nbsp; Transponder antennas are vertically
polarized, aren't they, or am I confused?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BTW, I have a new sailboat -- get over and try it. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Puglise A-283</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 ator t