Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna position

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Transponder antenna position
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:41:06

Jos
I thought transponder polarisation was vertical? I always put the Bob
Archer thing (excellent imho) with its two arms vertical and the feeder
---From the BNC horizontal. Am I getting confussed ?:-o
Graham

josok wrote:

> I stuck a Bob Archer thing against the luggage bay bulkhead. First wrong way,
it has to be horizontal. The radio stays clean, no ticking sounds from the
transponder,
and ATC sees me even in the steel hangar :-) It's a nice transponder.
and backs up as an altimeter with it's encoder built in. I am very happy with
it.