Europa-List: is there a local source for exhaust pipes?

Subject: Europa-List: is there a local source for exhaust pipes?
From: Paul Boulet <possibletodo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:39:27
Hi All;
  My poor 914!!! It only has 25 hours on it and the exhaust pipe is cracked....
welded it once already but to no avail.  The muffler is cracked where the exit
pipe exits the muffler. My welder had originally welded the old cracks and then
added 4 gussets to eliminate exit pipe vibration. Obviously, that didn't work
out. His thoughts were that the stainless used for the muffler was too thin,
and if he welded it again it would only be a band aid.

  Is this a rotax part and did they put out a service bulletin on it?  Anyone
know
where I might be able to buy one in the states?  As for the type of rod and
type of weld, I can tell you that it was TIG welded using stainless rod. Not
sure about the type of weld (ie. subsiding reverse Y). Hope this all helps
anyone
else having same problem.

  Appreciate any help in finding a replacement,

  Paul Boulet, Malibu, CA
  N914PB