Europa-List: mod 70 clearance for balance weights

Subject: Europa-List: mod 70 clearance for balance weights
From: raggi6771 <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 22:50:17

I have done the replacement of the elevator mass balance arm, using
the tufnol bushes as supplied instead of the cables to control lateral movement,
but i am wondering if i have too much clearance. I packed
the bushes with thin strips of timber to give about 1mm of total clearance
but it still thumps when moved from side to side. I have concerns about
going too tight here in case it wants to bind through a steep turn or similar.
I wonder if the cables are not a better way to go. :roll:

regards

Craig

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org