RE: Europa-List: mod 70 clearance for balance weights

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mod 70 clearance for balance weights
From: Ivor Phillips <ivor.phillips@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:28:05

Craig

I have kept the cables as well as using turnbuckles to keep it centered
Mod 11510 allow's retaining the cables,
Regards
Ivor

I have done the replacement of the elevator mass balance arm, using
the tufnol bushes as supplied instead of the cables to control lateral
movement, but i am wondering if i have too much clearance. I packed
the bushes with thin strips of timber to give about 1mm of total
clearance
but it still thumps when moved from side to side. I have concerns about
going too tight here in case it wants to bind through a steep turn or
similar. I wonder if the cables are not a better way to go. :roll: