Re: Europa-List: Mono-wheel gear retraction

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono-wheel gear retraction
From: Jim Mcavoy <jimca@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:18:38
Have a look at the pressure being applied to the Flap actuator cross
tube during retraction.
I had the same problem and needed to reduce the tube length about 1/4
inch on each side.
As the flaps extend they travel inwards and there is a potential for
them to foul and make it dificult to finish the gear up cycle. With load
on the wings (slight ) extra diheadral is there so I applied an upload
about mid span before I could find what was happening.
Jim McAvoy
Australia 400