Re: Europa-List: Epoxy Measuring - Balances vs Digital Scale vs Ratio

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Epoxy Measuring - Balances vs Digital Scale vs Ratio
From: david miller <loboloda@execulink.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:53:12

Hi Roger,

I'm located in London, Ont, and have a completely refurbished epoxy
pump, that was used by Chris Staines
in his build, I would be happy to sell it for about the same price as
a scale.
I used a scale for my build,and found it to be quick and easy to use.
The cheapest place to find an electronic scale is in a drug
paraphernalia store!

A few years ago I spoke to the Aeropoxy reps at Oshkosh, they were
clearly amused by anyone
bothering to measure to the nearest tenth of a gram -  off the record
they indicated that the tolerance
levels for a proper cure are quite high. I tended to end up a little
short of hardener in each batch, their
suggestion was to just short a bit on the hardener, on each mix.

Dave A061

519-666-0480