RE: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 21:52:34
To Fred ,
I am confuse about the labels you used in the follow quote of yours.
<<
William used the term, "spread", because he was clear that the distance
between the centerlines of the horn-holes and the two mounting holes
must remain the same as that of the Singleton steering horn.
<<
The "horn holes" are on the Singleton steering horn, right? Which "mounting
holes"? I am being dense I know. But forgive me please.

To Dave,

You said:
<<Rather than extending the steering horn on the tailwheel, we
moved the attachment points for the tailwheel cables closer to the pivot
point on the control arm at the rear of the fuselage.  Our steering
sensitivity is now similar to the factory setup, about the same as what you
would get with William's recommendation.>>
What was the advantage of this over doing it outside where you can have
better access? Did you just drill a couple holes and that was it? I too have
Graham's mod and had forgotten this had been suggested a few years or months
ago.

Troy Maynor
N120EU Europa Monowheel Classic
Left to finish:
Paint,(some) interior,engine install, (some) wiring.
Weaverville, NC USA