Re: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 04:39:10

Fred,

Not having flown N914XL yet, (Maybe sometime within the next 6 - 8 weeks?) I
can't
speak from direct experience.  But it has been reported that, using the provided
geometry from the provided parts, the steering can be a bit overly sensitive.
I have one of the wider (6" between drive holes vs. 4") tail wheel control
horns which I intend to install prior to putting the aircraft on the trailer.
The individual who provided the wider control horn says it does wonders
for the landing handling by making the steering less sensitive.

One of Tommy's Little Toots is also overly sensitive on landing.  We are
preparing
to move the tailwheel drive cable attachment points outboard and inch or so
to see if it helps there as well.

Dave DeFord's suggestion would also work if you still have decent access to the
interior mod assembly.  I don't, so I'm going with the wider tailwheel horn.

Hope this helps,
Bob Borger