RE: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Singleton Tail Wheel Mod
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:26:10

>We installed Graham's tailwheel mod on N135TD and found it too touchy
for our liking.<

I found the mod to be very worthwhile. Its sensitivity is dependant on
the tension of the tailwheel springs so it is important to set those to
your liking.

The only factory mod from the Classic the the XS which I don't like is
the rudder horn. The original pushrod is much neater and stronger with
no extra drag. I know of at least one XS builder who retrofitted the
pushrod. Putting the tailwheel springs inside the fuselage likewise
improves things.

Nigel Charles