Re: Europa-List: LG mounting frame

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LG mounting frame
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 11:13:32

On Saturday, Nov 24, 2007, at 10:08 US/Pacific, rlborger wrote:
> -From my understanding of your installation, you tapped the LG01A
> bushings into place without the LG09 to maintain alignment. -It's a
> tough call, but I'd guess you'd be best to remove the two LG01A
> bushings, clean it all up and re-bond as per instructions with the
> LG09 in place. -That best ensures that the bushings are aligned
> properly with the shaft.

Bob,

Thanks for your comment and for taking the time to go back thru the
manual. Your understanding is correct except that I have only loctited
one of the LG01A bushes.  I don't believe I have an alignment
problem...I think my problem results from the bush being compressed
just enough to make for an interference fit between bushing and shaft
rather than for the shaft to freely rotate.

Looking at the Loctite specs, I find that the bond dissolves at 250
degrees C (wow...that's 482 degrees F.!). I guess I can put a propane
torch into the LG mounting frame and heat the puppy up to free the
bushing...but am wondering what that will do to the powder
coat...(?)...and I don't want to exacerbate the situation.

While still pondering what to do, I'm certainly open to additional
counsel from any source!

Thanks,

Fred
A194