Re: Europa-List: LG mounting frame

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LG mounting frame
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 12:08:47
Fred,

Went back to read Chapter 21M to refresh myself on the operation.
 =46rom my understanding of your installation, you tapped the LG01A
bushings into place without the LG09 to maintain alignment.  It's a
tough call, but I'd guess you'd be best to remove the two LG01A
bushings, clean it all up and re-bond as per instructions with the
LG09 in place.  That best ensures that the bushings are aligned
properly with the shaft.

Just my 2=A2 and probably not worth all that.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(90%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,

Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar
in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.  Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear
complete.  Mod 72 complete.  Instrument panel complete, except for
testing.  Rotax 914 installed (for the 3rd time).  Airmaster Prop
installed.  Electrical complete, except for testing.  Fuel system
complete except for testing.  Working in - 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches &

35 Doors, 37 Interior & Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.
Seat arrived from Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived and is
being installed.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123