Europa-List: LG mounting frame

Subject: Europa-List: LG mounting frame
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:06:34

Gentle Monowheelies,

In the midst of Chapter 21 M, last evening I got myself in a bit of a
jamb by the ever so slightest deviation from the build manual w/ regard
to the mounting of the LG01A bushes in the large diameter tube of the
LG mounting frame. Having become accustomed to press fitting and
loctiting the smaller bushes, I didn't hesitate to loctite the first of
the two LG01A bushes by gently tapping it in place with a rubber mallet
after a minimal scouring of the tube and the requisite cleaning and
degreasing...but lo and behold, I was surprised to find that the shaft
LG09 no longer rotates freely within the bushing; rather, the shaft has
but a very tight interference fit within the bushing.

So.....what to do?

I see my options to be (1) to hone the bushing carefully til the shaft
freely rotates, or (2) heat up the frame and bush to break the loctite
bond, remove the bush, and scour/sand the inner circumference of the
tube until the bush slides in neatly and then re-loctite.

Have any of you had to deal with this problem?... if so, how did you
solve it?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Fred
A194