Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:38:46

I was surprised too. My first ride was with Bob Berube when he used to
work for Europa. Second ride was with Jim Thursby (if I recall
correctly). Both times I handled the controls once we were in the air,
but relinquished the controls for takeoff and landing. As a flight
instructor I know that it takes some training experience to let someone
else do the takeoff and landing, especially in a aircraft that could
ground loop. Even though I am building a monowheel I have never
experienced its ground handling. And I know I am not the only one.