Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:48:00

Andrew Sarangan a crit :
> In fact, when I took the first demo ride at the then Lakeland
> office, I was surprised that I was not offered to handle the takeoff
> and landing. One of my friends who also went to Lakeland for a demo,
> decided to not buy the Europa solely based on the fact that he was not
> given that opportunity.

Andrew and all,

I'm a bit surprised.
Why would a demopilot or instructor *not* offer to fly the airplane from
startup to landing ?
I understand your friend : I also would be wary of an airplane I'm not
allowed to take off and land.
My first answer when asked about a particular model is, fly the airplane
before making any decisions.

What was wrong with that particular airplane (or demo pilot ;-)))
Best regards,
--
Gilles Thesee
http://contrails.free.fr