Re: Europa-List: Tire question - cannot fly before information

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tire question - cannot fly before information
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwmsystems.fi>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:06:44

Thanks Karel for measurement

7 mm is great - I have now 5-6 mm
left and the reinforcement material I hope.
Please confirm you measured
Titan Turf Glide Tire!

Earlier I asked some recommendations
for mono tire and a great majority of you
suggested me to install size 7.00-6
and AirTrac was a clear winner.

So my conclusion is it cannot be worse
than the original golf car tire (golf cars
max taxi speed is about 10 knots, it has
four tires and the weight /tire is less than
150 kg /340 lbs - when touching Europas
speed is 5 times more and weight 2,5 times
more + G-forces).

I believe aircraft quality tire size 8.00-6 does not hit
normally caliber because of its overall quality and accurate
measurements. Tolerance is anyway minimal between
it and caliber. Non-aircraft tires may hit
bacause of the varies in quality and their limp
sides. Same reason for Kingleys differencies
with diameters.

My wife suggests one reason for the contact:
my caliber is maybe just bigger than normal one !

Karel, S landings or even SS-landings are better
than U or L -landings. I saw one L-landing in
Aalborg Denmark 9/9/07. It was SAS`s Dash 8
full of passengers and right side gear collapsed.
I cannot understand why they did not land to
the grass in the clean configuration.
It was awful to see but happily no fatals.

Anyway I will go on flying with this tire to the end of
this flying season. I promise I stop landing
if reinforcement material is visible or even
inner tire.

And have a CM- DOTH with Jos (caliber measurement).

Thanks for comments, all of you.

Raimo,
OH-XRT (with big caliber)