Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiriopa performance numbers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiriopa performance numbers
From: frank wood <fswood@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:18:40

Hi to all..re Jabiru performance.To add to my prior comments on this
forum.Any other Canadians may come across the same problems I had with
Transport Canada (aviation MDRA).With Sylvesters cowling fitted the datum on
the front of the cowling is advanced by approx 5 inches compared to a
Rotax.This led to some very interesting numbers when calculating the weight
and balances with max  fuel two standard as speced occupants and examples of
max fwd and max aft loadings when providing examples as required to fit in
the envelope.Additional remarks about the Jabiru Europa combo are my empty
weight is 890 lbs but I have yet to fit the wheel pants and fairings,yet my
speed and fuel consumption are almost identical to Johns.I would appreciate
any comments about the virtues of another prop.I spent some time resetting
the Grand Rapids EFIS system but it seems to be correct now,had some
problems with my Garmin GPS,a new aerial fixed that,but the Jabiru is
vibration free and the sound it makes, well it is a purr that is a pleasure
to behold,unlike any other it is the closest thing to poetry in motion that
I know of.Canadian MDRA required that I change the clasps on the seat belts
to the pull up to release type,the flex fuel hosing that is fine in the
U.S.does not cut the mustard up here and in line fuel filters of the element
type are an absolute no-no. Any Europa owners that are visiting out this way
are welcome to contact me for a flight in the Rockies.Near us, in a valley
is a particularly lofty mountain with a hole all the way through it, near
the peak,my aviation pal with an RV6 swears that he could fly through it if
he can tilt 90 deg first,I will send a picture to the Europa mag of the hole
and mountain only.   Frank S Wood  C-FIYD