RE: Europa-List: Tailplane integrity suggestion

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tailplane integrity suggestion
From: Rob Housman <rob@hyperionef.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:53:54

Beware.  Aluminum has a tendency to gall, so if the fit is at all snug (which it
should be) and the torque tube is not lubricated, the tailplane may not slide
into place over the nickel plated tailplane torque tube as easily as it does
with steel TP5/TP6. Once it jams it will be rather difficult to get free.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
Irvine, California
Europa XS Tri-Gear