Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiriopa performance numbers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Jabiriopa performance numbers
From: frank wood <fswood@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:16:45
HI, My Europa Classis has similar performance with a Jabiru 3300 and
Prince P-Tip prop,my cooling problems are still with me, but not so
severe, after Sylvester switched engines for me.As you are aware the
later model Jabs have larger cooling fins on the heads as well as other
mods.Sylvester used my A-026 to make his cowling and test for cooling,he
indicated to me that the cooling issue appears to be solved after
testing in the central Florida climate,it certainly took him quite a
while, here in Southern Alberta (Pincher Creek) I still get minor
problems on warmer days during climb out, but it is getting better with
more time on the engine, also we are at 3900ft elev which I am certain
impedes cooling.I have not had problems with the cooling air pleniums,I
also thought of trying an airmaster C.S.prop but am not sure if it has
enough twist at the hub to force the air through and as the Prince seems
to be almost doing the job I am going to leave it for a while to see
what happens when I have 250+hrs  Hope this helps
               Frank S Wood      C-FIYD