RE: Europa-List: Outriggers - Lockin

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Outriggers - Lockin
From: nigel charles <nwcmc@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:11:25

I have microswitches on the outriggers to confirm gear position. It does
mean one extra connection when rigging the aircraft but it is very quick
and easy to do. I used two pairs of low voltage power plugs and sockets.
These stay in place but will pull out easily if the wing is removed
fully without remembering to disconnect. I also have a light for the
main gear which will only light when two microswitches confirm the gear
is down and locked. There is also a red for when the main gear is not
fully up or down. All this requires work but weighs next to nothing.

Nigel Charles