Re: Europa-List: Outriggers - Lockin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Outriggers - Lockin
From: RoddyEuropa@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 07:41:03

When I tested my outriggers locking, the the aircraft jacked up on the
ground, they worked fine. But I think they only locked when I slowed below the

gear retraction speed - I heard a distinct knock which I assume was  the locking

taking place when the aircraft slowed to near approach speed. I  believe the
drag at higher speed was keeping the outriggers held back and  only when the
speed reduced did gravity kick in and they locked.

So, I would recommend checking that they lock down on the ground with some
back pressure on the outriggers - I attached a bungee to the outrigger  wheel
and pulled it back during the ground test.  Sure enough, no  locking until the

back pressure was reduced. Once adjusted all working fine and  no problems
since.

Roddy Kesterton
G-IKRK