Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:35:49
While not wanting to beat a dead horse, being quite willing to await
E04's new service bulletin, and lacking direct personal experience w/
Loctite 603, I note the following from a Loctite seller:

> Product Description
> High strength retainer for "as received" parts. Tolerant of oil and
> other contamination. Seals and secures cylindrical assemblies up to
> 0.004" (0.1 mm) radial clearance. Fixtures in 10 minutes. Prevents
> fretting and corrosion of metal assemblies. Available Worldwide

Though I've never encountered the usage of the word "Fixtures" in this
sense, I would interpret it to mean that 10 minutes is the working life
of the product which seems like ample time to coat the surfaces, spin
the fitting, insert and drive home the pin....one fitting at a time of
course.

Fred

--
believed to be clean.