Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation
From: William Harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:13:24

The thing about 603 is that it is low viscosity and will wick into an
already-assembled joint (BTW, having been designed to wick into small
gaps, it will of course go where you don't want it if given half a
chance, so be careful not to get any in the bushes). None of my local
hardware stores stocked 603 but I found an internet vendor through
Google quite easily.

As with any other assembly adhesive, the important thing is to
degrease as best you can before applying the loctite. Another poster
has described using carburettor cleaner to flush out the joint of any
oil/dirt/grease and that is what I plan to do (although I am holding
fire for a bit longer to see if E04 or the PFA come out with
something definitive about the subject).

PS, a little bird tells me that there is a probable change to the
tailplane inspection interval to increase it to 50 hours. Anyone know
any more about this?

Best wishes

Willie Harrison
G-BZNY