RE: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Tail plane torque tube installation
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 17:56:31

Fred,

I discussed this with Andy two weeks ago and he shared the opinion than
other than Bob Harrison's clamping blocks that nothing else will work.  The
pins will ultimately wear.

I have just applied Loctite 603 to my TP12's and TP9 (assembled, in
position) by forcing it in via a very short bristled artists bush.

If you have you fuselage open then my suggestion is to put a band of 603
about 3~5 mm wide on TP12 and TP9.  You don't need much of this stuff, and
if you put on a modest amount you will be able to get it to let go by
applying heat.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Paul