RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:57:56

  Once the tailplane(s) departed, the wing by itself has a negative pitchin
g moment.  Once the
main wing heads down with nothing to stop it, would normally tend to pitch
all the way under, which would certainly break the wing attachments.

                                              Glenn> Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007
onics.com> Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73> > --> Europ
a-List message posted by: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
> > What I still don't understand is that the wings came off and from the >
 information to date there was not enough speed to pull the wings off. > In
complete information it would appear. Wings should not fail at any > speed
less than about 125 knots? That's what max rough air speed means.> Graham>
> glenn crowder wrote:> > Yeah, I got that but without mass balancing, the
elevator could tend > > to slam up or down> > to the stops, possibly rippin
g the stick out of the pilots hands. One > > or two oscillations of> > this
PC Magazine=92s 2007 editors=92 choice for best web mail=97award-winning Wi
ndows Live Hotmail.
ration_HMWL_mini_pcmag_0707