Re: Europa-List: tailplane balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tailplane balance
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:32:05

Richard, It is critical that the centre of lift or pressure is on the axis
or behind it for an all moving tail plane. If it is in front then any
increase in incidence immediately produces a force trying to further
increase that incidence. Such a system is highly unstable and would try to
snatch the stick out of your hand! If it succeeds disaster inevitably
follows.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ