Re: Europa-List: tailplane balance

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tailplane balance
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 00:16:21

That's for aerodynamic reasons, in the early days the pivot was moved
about a bit to avoid "short period oscillation" and the present position
was perhaps the best compromise. The pivot needs to be in front of the
centre of pressure, which can move about a bit. Symetrical sections tend
not to have moving Cp but maybe it does move a bit.
Graham