Re: Europa-List: 180 degree turn back

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 180 degree turn back
From: William Williams Wynne <www@wynne.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 08:42:51

Well said Jon  -  I could not agree more.  Having survived five successful
dead-stick landings in different Europas "NEVER EVER TURN BACK" - its that
simple.  If the prop is set to fully fine for take-off (you do practice your
PFLs lin that configuration don't you) your air speed and rate of descent
will be much much faster and if there was any sort of wind down the runway
when you took off, that runway, if by some miracle you did get all the way
round, would be under you for a fraction of the time that it was on your
take-off.  This is a no-brainer.  Don't even think of it.  You won't have
time, and almost as importantly it is devastating to lose our friends this
way.  As Dave Bosomworth says 'safe flying'  -  Bill