Re: Europa-List: 180 degree turn back

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 180 degree turn back
From: Tom Friedland <96victor@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:12:42
Duane, I feel strongly as you do that you should fly patterns like you could
lose power at any time.  In the Army we were taught to cut the throttle
downwind opposite the touch down point and only used a slight nudge of
throttle on base leg to "clear" the engine.

At busy airports one too often finds long patterns with the need to carry
power on final in order to reach the touch down point.

Tom Friedland