RE: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.
From: Jack Hilditch <wmjack1@t3cs.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:38:37
Jeff,

The technique looks just like what we have been using for years to curtail
turbulence around racing sailboat rudders and trim tabs.  I know it works well
enough, in the denser medium of water, to provide measurable speed improvements.
There is certainly every reason to believe it will work in a similar fashion
around moveable aviation appendages.

Jack Hilditch

  _____