Re: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 21:07:39
The effect of your seal is not much different to the standard set-up on
the Classic wing, which has a similar but narrower (about 1" rather than
1.25") rearward-projecting 'seal' built in, because of hte method of
construction.

I asked Don Dykin about this a few years ago (mainly in relation to a
question about the smoothness of the inner duct formed in the TE of the
wing, which is provided in the XS but not in the Classic). His view was
that the geometry of the duct was not critical to its operation. I guess
because it is a converging duct designed to merely 'blow' across the top
of the flap to delay or prevent its stall.

Duncan McF.