Re: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Thank you, John Lawton.
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 21:18:36
Jeff, You are confusing me (it does not take much I hear some say!)
I thought I understood from other e-mails that it was necessary to
maintain a gap in the flap to allow air to flow upwards when the flap is
extended. However your photos suggest that your seal will stop any air
going up through the flap at all stages of flight (or is this not the
case?).
I can understand sealing the ailerons and have seen this quite clearly
on gliders over this weekend, but they don't have flaps so it does not
apply to them.
Can someone please point me to an explanation of the aerodynamic
theories surrounding this subject. Thank you
Steve Pitt
G-SMDH