RE: Europa-List: Melting silencer

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Melting silencer
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 18:24:36

Hi Terry,

A very interesting comparison. But why doesn't everyone have this problem ?
I never noticed high temperatures, and then how can your case reach melting
point of stainless steel. And my affected area is very specific with no
scorching anywhere else.
I still have this theory about an electrical discharge between aluminum duct
and engine above. The duct, including radiators, is electrically isolated. I
assume that coolant and oil are not very good conductors.

Cheers,

Karl