Europa-List: Monowheel tyre

Subject: Europa-List: Monowheel tyre
From: David.Corbett <david.corbett5@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 18:30:11
I have decided that I will renew my monowheel tyre for this season's
overseas tours - it is now 6 years and 400 hours old, and I do not want to
get caught out at the far eastern end of Europe.

The present tyre is a McCready 8.00 x 6, 4 ply - and that is what I ordered
---From the main UK tyre supplier (via our fixed wing maint unit).

What I have been sent is an Air Trac 8.00 x 6, 4 ply; the suppliers accept
that I ordered a McCready - but say that this is the same tyre, made by the
same company.

Can anyone verify this and, more importantly, can anyone confirm that the
Air Trac will not be any wider than the McCready between the landing gear
frame?

Many thanks,

David

UK 265 - G-BZAM